Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

At All Costs ~ Winter DTS News




And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.” Luke 9:23-24

God has taught me so much during this season of my life as I’ve been recovering from mono and pneumonia while staffing a Discipleship Training School full-time, including lecture phase (Jan.-March) and leading an outreach team to the Mediterranean area (March-May). After months of illness and doctor’s visits, I began taking several vitamins and supplements to aid my recovery. This has helped me get well, even though this is a greater expense than I am used to. Now I am a frequent of the health food store and trying to learn more in an effort to stay well. During my sickness, I have also been learning to rely on God’s strength just to function or accomplish something. I’ve had to humble myself, to not do everything and to ask for help (something I do not do well). But my God, fellow staff, friends, and small group girls have been there for me, praying for me and encouraging me! As this DTS’s school theme is “At All Costs,” it has been real to me in a new way, while I was so frustrated on outreach to be sick, yet again. My burden of illness seems such a small cross to carry when compared to what Jesus asks of me, even my life in Luke 9. I don’t know what I may go through in life or in death, how much physical, emotional, and spiritual turmoils, and I don’t know how I may handle it. But I do know that I can do all things with His strength. I know He is with me through everything, and I do know that people knowing the love of Jesus and coming into relationship with Him is worth the cost!

No comments: