Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Sun? Actually, Snow in June...


(Pictured: my team and pastor being goofy at church.)

I am back at the base in Lakeside, Montana for the summer working as receptionist, going to play rehearsals (yes, I am a small play for our theatre school), and maybe working grounds later this summer before beginning preparations for the Fall DTS which I am staffing. My students went through debriefing week and are now scattered across several countries. It is a hard adjustment back to life in America for me this time. I realize how much spiritual oppression we were living under overseas. I know I am supposed to be home, but part of me wants to stay there and continue ministering to my friends and the church there--especially when I face the reality that my friends...do not know Jesus. And they do not even know what they are missing--the greatest gift of all--Jesus! The only truly gift that matters in a person’s life because that is how we enter into true and eternal relationship with our Father God through Jesus Christ. I emotionally and spiritually hurt for them, but I know that the seeds planted are in the hands of the Lord, and that is the best place for them to be. I am keeping in touch with my friends, the church, and missionaries via e-mail. I continue praying that the Lord would guide and use my words of friendship and Jesus to penetrate their souls and nourish the soil of their hearts.

For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" ~ Romans 10:12-15 ~

I pray this letter has blessed your hearts. I wish I could deliver my experiences to you in person!

God bless you in Jesus Christ’s Name,

Shannon

No comments: