Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

The LIGHT Shines in the Darkness - A Thankful Heart - 2014 Reflections & 2015 Looking Forward

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

This may be a little belated "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's," but now that your life and e-mail traffic has slowed down, you should be so excited to read the holiday and summer - and the last year's - happenings in Shannon's life down under in Africa. :) 


I am so thankful and give glory to God for all that He has done in my life in 2014. And thank you so much for blessing, encouraging, partnering, and praying with me! I so appreciate hearing from you and knowing you are my support, even from afar. 

It was a Year of Discovery for me, stepping out to face fears and pursue passions, giftings, and new ministries including discipling future world changers, supporting ministries locally and in Zimbabwe, implementing YWAM Muizenberg’s communications, helping in justice and job creation programs, and using intercession, evangelism, writing, and the arts to further His Kingdom. I grew in my relationship with God and in understanding more of who I am in Christ! I sought the Lord for how He created me and desired to use me, and I was aided with training in spiritual leadership, communications, Biblical worldview, and how the Bible is applicable in today’s society.

It has been a difficult and growing journey in South Africa, but I received healing and freedom where I felt broken! Even though I endured physical sickness and questions this year, I went to Jesus even more (I need further healing, so if you would pray for my health issues? Thank you.)

I’ve faced tight times financially. A few times, I said, “Okay, God I’m looking for Your miracles. And I will count each dollar as a miracle.” You know what, He provided! However He nudged you, I thank you! …In 2013, for plane tickets to visit the States and for a new laptop as mine was at the end of its long life. …Each year to pay taxes and to live and minister in South Africa. In 2014, things were tight; He used seemingly random and unexpected gifts from people and church - thank you! So in 2015 I hope to live to bless others MORE, and I will count these miracles for God’s glory!   

There is so much I am looking forward to in 2015! I desire deeper revelation of who God is and who I am in Him – what I learn, I hope to give to others so they may know Him. I’m excited for opportunities to disciple people in their walk with Christ and for people to meet Jesus and to be transformed by Him. 

Because HE is the LIGHT.

He has Overcome.

He Sets People Free.

And WE carry this Light! 

This is what I am overwhelmed with (in a good way) this season! 

May YOU be given fresh revelation of the LIGHT, who is With you, In you, and overflowing From you. 


Here is what I am writing about from the book of John (John 1:1-5, 9, 12-13, 14, 16-17, 29, 32-34) and is represented in the painting (at the top). It's all just so good.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. …to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. …For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ…

The next day he [John the Baptist] saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! ...And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

No comments: