Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

imagine december 2008


Above Pic: Enjoying the view off Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park.

Discover... New Adventures...

sights... mtns, lakes, mtn goats, sounds... laughter, silence, friends, smells... nature, bbq

I love summer. Although I was sad to see my Winter DTS students go, summers in Montana are an awesome and beautiful time. After working the month of June as base receptionist and performing in a play, I took the 4th of July weekend to visit my dear friend Paula in Calgary, Alberta Canada. It was a splendid visit with her and mini-break to a new city. After my return I transitioned to serve as grounds crew for the base. I loved working hard outside all day, watering lawns, planting flower beds and trees, and pulling nap weed. My friend Kate and I dedicated ourselves to trimming all the trees on the base!

My summer continued as I traveled by train to visit my parents. We embarked on an old family past time, camping, at Fort Peck Dam on the Missouri River. I then spent a week with my sister Marte before her wedding. On August 24th family and friends gathered to celebrate Marte and Devon’s marriage. What a beautiful, blessed day!

Back at the base, my days were mostly filled with brush strokes-climbing roofs and scaffolding to paint siding! They were renovating the DTS dorm all summer, and by August we were in the mad rush to finish before the fall schools began. We squeezed in prep time for the fall school around these painting sessions!

Fall 2008 Discipleship Training School was ON before I knew it! I loved these students. They were a quieter classroom group but so desiring to go deep with God. From the beginning of this school, I felt that many have leadership potential! It’s exciting to see that is true and to be part of their discipleship and discovery process! I can’t believe I am so blessed to do this--to pour into young people’s lives, future leaders, missionaries, who are learning who God is, who they are in Christ, and how to impact today and tomorrow for Christ! They left on outreach Dec. 3-6 to Brazil, Cambodia, India, and Thailand, Malaysia. Please continue to pray for them, that they would be released into witnessing about the Savior of the world!

No comments: