Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Servant Leadership


(*Pictured: Saying goodbye to my wonderful DTS Equip friend Anna, middle, at the Whitefish train depot. My roommate Becky, left, and me, right.)

In July I began DTS Equip, a 2 month school for training 16 DTS staff and leaders for the MT base and bases around the world. I believe this time was essential to my growth and preparation as DTS staff. Not only did I make wonderful friends and learn from those with great experience, our leadership had quality, integrity, and had such good experience themselves. I was able to think and process with God, myself, and other people how to disciple, lead, and ask the right questions. At the end of our school, we helped facilitate discussion groups and did presentations for the 1 week Int’l DTS Workshop, where DTS staff from around the world attended seminars for further education. This was a successful first-year for DTS Equip, and I will believe it will be a wonderful tool to prepare future DTS leaders.

No comments: