Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

New Horizons ~ Settling In



(*Pictured: Hiking Mt. Aenaes near the base with YWAM MT friends.)

It has been an intense few months here at YWAM Montana, but oh, so good. I made it safely to the Lakeside, MT base on the night of June 1st. I looked like quite the vagabond, traveling with my car packed to the brim, t.v. belted into the front seat, and mountain bike strapped to the trunk.

During my first week I went through intake week, orientation meetings for the 6 new staff. I met my roommate Carrie from Quincy, CA, new kitchen staff, and we proceeded to paint our room from lime green and black to Mexican Sand and accented with Emerald City. It was a definitely a good change to fit our personalities and color scheme. Over the summer we slowly accrued yard sale furniture to make our dorm room home. In August Carrie and I opened our dorm room to a new roommate Becky from Aimes, Iowa (new DTS staff), who was my good friend from my DTS in Fall ’06.

I also worked for housekeeping full-time for June with another DTS staff JoAnn (serving in other areas when we have down time between schools). I now have cleaned just about anything and everything on the base. It was hard work but a good time to serve the base, talk with JoAnn, and pray together.

No comments: