Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

6 Months in South Africa! R.I.P. Worry?! Remember. & Peace.

My "Hi, Thank You, Miss You" face as I send this post!

Part 1 - REMEMBER. 

  

I spent a week in Bible class with my students.

 

 I was called to "Remember" 


What God was doing from the beginning of time 

Through Israel's history

To the promise of an Eternal King and Kingdom.

Jesus Christ. The Fulfillment. The Promise. Of Redemption. For A Whole Earth.

To remember - God created mankind for Relationship and for Worship -

And since that separation

He has Pursued ME - To Restore - ME to Him

Because HE LOVES ME.

HE IS WHO I LIVE FOR
- for Relationship and Worship! 

May my students open more and more to HIM WHO PURSUES and LOVES THEM! 
 To see their Need. To understand His Grace. And to accept His Gift.
                                                                                                                                                        


Part 2 - PEACE.

You know? My Worry and stress post?
No, I'm not all better - it seldom works that way.

But thank you who shared by blog and e-mail with encouragement, prayers, and your journey.

It means a lot to remember we struggle - maybe with different things - but side by side, with prayer and praise.

My circumstances did change, and I was in a safe place by the weekend! The weeks of waiting and hyperventilating (not literally - I don't think) were over.   

I felt a huge breath of relief almost immediately. 

Peace.



But most times circumstances don't just change -

And still I need to learn. "DON'T WORRY!" Remember He WHO is in control - Faith.
One thing I've learned - is that writing can help me to process and pray and gain perspective - and maybe God sheds light in times like these. 

As I REMEMBER - What God has done and is doing for me. 
I am thankful.


And I sincerely THANK YOU for walking beside me these 6 months (and more-before) - YES, 6 MONTHS I've been back in South Africa!


I have SO SO Much to be thankful for:

  • Completed 4 Life and Job Skills Courses with many students (with names that are getting easier for me to pronounce)!
    • Some students know Jesus!
    • Others have jobs!
    • All have training!
    • And All have heard about Jesus!
  • Have a Home (I call it, "Sanctuary" - being the introvert needing recuperating space) - a secure apartment + 2 flatmates to share with (praying for a final one),
    • with a bed, a frig, 
    • futon (free), 
    • table and chairs and stools (borrowing from kind people)...

I still have a few needs and desires and lots of growing to do, BUT I am thankful.

Today I Remember and Rest in Peace. Sounds like something died, doesn't it?! 

Well then, R. I. P. Worry.

No comments: