Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

YWAM School of Dance Studies Preparations and Prayer - Dec. 10, 2009


Hi friends,

As December is a crazy month for all of us, with Christmas coming, I just wanted to give a short, little update.

We are in full swing for preparing for the School of Dance, which begins January 4th at the YWAM Montana base. Our students begin to arrive Dec. 30th! All our staff have so much on our plate, but I know that God is going to give us everything we (I) need, even though at times I know it can be overwhelming.

This is what I have to do and what you can pray for! I definitely need it!

* I am doing a lot of administration/logistical work for the school. This means getting transportation info/tickets for guest artists, researching outreach locations, ticket, and visa information, among many other things.
* Dancing each day with the other staff, as staff prepare and practice for the dance classes and choreography they will teach. For me this means getting in dance shape! As it has been quite a few years since I have dance intensively, please pray that I don't get frustrated, and for my mind and muscle memory to work! It needs practice to remember dance combinations easily and quickly, and I'm quite out of practice!
* Pray for our students... So far we have 9 students, 7 which are international, 2 of which are guys! They are from the USA, New Zealand, Norway, Germany, Rwanda, India, Netherlands Antilles, and Singapore. Pray for them to get their visas and for finances to come in.
* Pray for our health and against injury. I have been feeling not quite up to par lately, and hope I don't get sick. Last week our school leader Kate had an accident with her fish bowl, and had to go to the emergency room for a cut.
* It is very cold here! But the snow is coming slowly. It has been in the negative degrees, and this will definitely be a shock to our warm climate students. I noticed a couple nights ago my car was sliding on the ice, but I controlled it. So I had a look at my tires, which are bald. New snow tires or all weather tires would definitely be a blessing.

In light of everything, the staff and I are getting so excited to staff this diverse, international school! I just read through all the students' applications, and can see that they desire to grow in the Lord, be discipled, bring the gospel to the nations, and learn how to use dance to do this! Many of them have a call to missions and a desire to start or continue dance programs in their countries or in other nations! Please pray with me that God may be glorified in the 2010 YWAM School of Dance!

Blessings,

Shannon

No comments: