Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

"Set Apart"

During my first week of D.T.S. lecture phase in September I wrote something in one of my lectures that I believed proved true for the rest of D.T.S.

“This is a time to be ‘set apart’ at the burning bush on the mountain (Moses), in the wilderness (John the Baptist, the Apostle Paul, Jesus), to learn from the Lord, to hear the voice of God, and to know the heart of God. God chose you.”

What a unique gift I had been given, to have a period of time set apart to spend with the Lord, similar to my Biblical forefathers and Jesus Christ Himself! My speaker at a week long mini outreach spoke further about the burning bush asking, “What is your burning bush? What is God trying to use to get your attention?” (See Exodus 3.) This really hit home for me as I thought back over the direction of my life, the influences in my life, and the passions God has given me. A conversation I had with my mentor towards the beginning of D.T.S. came to me. I had said to her how I love ministering to young people in the emerging generations in America and that I also love missions, but I felt that I had to choose one or the other. She asked me why I couldn’t do both. I don’t think I had an answer at the time or even understood that maybe there was a way I could incorporate both in my life until later. Slowly, God began to confirm my passions that I desired to continue in ministry with young people and lead students in missions in the next chapter of my life.

At the Montana base I also began to develop such a love for the base, the people there, and their mission. Daily I saw their relationship for the Lord and desire to serve Him, to empower people in their personal relationships with the Lord and into the ministry God has for them, and my heart beat the same.

No comments: