Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

The LONG Road - A Car Need

Ever since I arrived in South Africa, a CAR has been on my prayer list. I saved and saved, and then taxes hit, and there goes everything I had saved up. 

I live and minister here through relationship based giving (if you want to know what that is, you can read about it here: http://shannonmintz.blogspot.com/p/how-to-give.html), so saving isn't always the easiest thing to do... Nor is paying the bills, but God does the Miraculous every month, and for His Provision, I give Him glory!  

You might ask, "Why do you need a car?"  

Preferably something in better condition than this one... 
Photo Credit: Matti Mattila via Compfight cc 

I've been blessed to borrow friends' cars on various occasions. Having a car helps me to run errands, give rides to those who don't have transportation, and helps to keep me and others safe - yes, safety is quite important to me. Because of high crime rates, I can't leave my home in the evenings (in winter it's dark around 4:30 p.m.) without transportation. I feel isolated, limited in ministry, and "claustrophobic" at times because of this. Another great need is for ministry transportation, which is often an issue here. 

"How much will it cost?"

"...And WHY so much?!"  

I have been advised to spend about $6,000 (U.S.D.) to buy a reliable, used car (approximate varying on vehicle type and exchange rate). Let me just say that even used vehicles are very expensive here as compared to the States. I don't really know why but maybe it's because of inflation, import costs, high accident rates, and break-ins (or just stealing the whole vehicle) - they may have up to 3 types of anti-theft devices! 

I thank you for reading and considering this post and for praying WITH me. And if God is leading you to give, thank you! 

Down the road, I can't wait to share about THIS Miraculous Journey!

No comments: