Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Countdown Zimbabwe! By the Time You Read This I May be Flying... Or Arrived!

Honestly, it's been a whirlwind this week preparing for my Zimbabwe trip! From doing normal things to jobs around the house to preparing and packing, my heart is both racing and I can hardly believe that I am going!

Zimbabwe, where I am going
Photo Credit: Gogo Olive via Gogo Olive on Facebook


I haven't been on outreach - a missions trip - since 2009 in Thailand/Cambodia... Because really, I don't count living here in South Africa as outreach. It finally feels like "home" here - most days. I "own" it [South Africa] more. Cape Town, South Africa is being added to my list of "homes," places that have a piece of my heart - always.

But what would I want to tell you - this late at night - and too anticipatory of tomorrow to sleep? ...Even though I have to get up before anything sane should even be moving.

You see, I have this list of countries I want to go to, and the list just keeps growing. I don't know if it's God or if it's just me, but I get excited to experience new people, places, and cultures! I love history; I love learning about people. And I love seeing people through God's eyes. Really, I am in awe God's great love for people - for people in Zimbabwe - and my heart is interceding for what God might have in store for me, my outreach buddy Felicity, and for the people of Zimbabwe - together.


So, if I could ask you one thing,
could you lift up prayers with me?

- That the love of God would be displayed, that God would be moving, that there would be more of Him and less of me, that He would be glorified, and His Kingdom be known as the beautiful thing WE - American, British, South African, and Zimbabwean... - belong to, which is near His heart, in His throne room, and WITH Him!

Thank you so much! And please, drop me a line if so inclined!
I'd love to hear from you but unsure of my internet use while in Zim.
I will definitely be sharing A LOT when I get back!

Much love & God bless,

Shannon

And here's a few links I wanted to share!

No comments: