Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Praises & Prayers - Leavin' on a Jet Plane Tomorrow - Ack!

Dear Friends and Family,

I've had a lot to do to before leaving for South Africa (2011 taxes anyone?) tomorrow and big financial miracles to hope for! You know, it's amazing what I remembered at the last minute that I needed to do. But I have been so encouraged by you, my friends, as I prepare for this journey and epic change in my life. Thank you so much for your prayers and lovely e-mails. I love hearing from you. So let's start with the Praises and Thanking God for what He has done!

Praises:
  • His Provision! Thank you so much for being part of His provision. I am on my way to monthly financial stability in South Africa and getting a car. More Miracles, Lord!
  • Sharing with Glendive Alliance Church was such a blessing! Thank you for adopting me in every time.
  • My bags may be too full for my flights back (now a prayer - that they are NOT overweight!). :)
  • Times with friends and family in the States - fellowship, food, fun, favorite memories...
  • Seeing my sister and her husband's newborn girl! This is my first niece, and I am so grateful.
  • Encouragement to my Heart, and God teaching me Hard but Worthy things about Him and about Me.
  • Even in the face of difficulties, He knows His plans for me!
  • God is Good!

And if you could please continue to Pray:
  • For a few more people to be led to partner with me in monthly support.
  • For continued donations for a car.
  • For safe travels to South Africa: safe roads to the airport, flights on time, and no lost bags!
  • For God to draw the people to the classes (starting with Life Skills, Computer Skills, and Biblical Training), For the teachers to be well-equipped and lead with wisdom and discernment, and For the students Hearts and Minds to be open to the Lord and learning.
  • For my missions team - to be led by God and to work together in unity.
  • For passion and discernment - in  my words and building new friendships with the African people.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers!

In His Power and Name,

Shannon Mintz


"Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen."
 

~ Philippians 4:14-20 ~

No comments: