Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

I Know God IS Intensely Desiring Me and You


I feel I need to process and to write about this morning before I forget. Matt Atkins, from Mosaic Church in Bellingham, WA, was our speaker this week on the Father Heart of God. This last session he had quite a few of the girls (including me) and some guys stand up to call them out to walk in who they are (who God made them to be in the present) and not to be held back by stuff, and then he prayed for us. (Just a note that I had not and have not talked with Matt at all during this time, so what he said was the Lord.) He said specifically to me and two other girls in the back that we are leaders and need to be that. After the session Matt and I passed each other and I almost felt like we were going to run into each other, but he took me by the shoulders and hugged me and wanted me to know that I really do shine. When he said that, it really resonated with me because that is something I really want to do in those specific words even, "to shine," so that others see something different about me, and that shining is Christ's love shining out of me for them. I can't remember other specifics he said at this moment.

I haven't been too emotional (you know, when you feel like you have been hit with something new or life-changing) today or in the past few weeks of lectures (but yes, I have had emotions and have cried a lot, have extreme joy and love for others, and know the intense love of the Father for me that I want to just pour out of me for other people) because God has already brought me through a lot in the past 5 years to know His immense love, and He has been healing me. And I wasn't brought to tears or anything this morning, but I felt content, happy, and agreeing with all God was saying through Matt for the DTS students and for me. I feel like I have been trying to step out and live all God desires for me these past few months and that has been part of my motto for this time here so far at YWAM, and that today emphasized even more what my heart and the Lord has been saying in me. Side note: I just remembered that when Matt hugged me he also said that I am the kind of person or someone that he would want to mentor his girls (okay, that just made me cry because I want to be that type of person right now and where ever I am. And I have mentored girls in high school for 4 years). In this week and the past few weeks, I have been reminded and felt encouraged and confirmation that I desire to empower people with vision, that they can accomplish anything. I want to encourage them to pursue their passions. That they have been made specifically unique and gifted to fulfill who they are, that is as God's heirs of His Kingdom, for the glory of God. I want people to know that and go to God and His truth to discover who God is, and from there for them to know who they are, that God loves them and His purposes for them (as Matt said and summed up exactly what I have gone through in life and how I desire others to be enabled to live--in freedom from bondage of all the lies of the enemy Satan, what other people put on ourselves, and the pressures we even place on ourselves).

So I really don't know how to end this, but that if you are reading this, that this is what I desire for you, and ultimately what God desires for you: He is personal and wants a personal relationship or friendship or whatever you want to call it, with YOU. Because, and this is what we have got to get, from our minds to our hearts, GOD LOVES YOU, and He wants the best for you! He didn't equip you with used parts, but with the best parts for how you would be able to function best and fulfill who you are. Get on the path to discover this, even if you feel like you are 100 steps behind! Please e-mail me or talk to someone else that knows Jesus Christ if you want to know more or just talk about stuff.

The love of Christ is given generously and in abundance for you. May you be blessed today.

Shannon

No comments: